Why Paul Broun and Phil Gingrey are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- Political activist Derrick Grayson, Representatives Jack Kingston of Georgia's 1st congressional district, Paul Broun of Georgia's 10th congressional district, and Phil Gingrey of Georgia's 11th congressional district all declared their candidacy for the Republican nomination, as did former Secretary of State Karen Handel and wealthy businessman David Perdue, cousin of former Governor Sonny Perdue.
- Representatives Phil Gingrey and Paul Broun, for instance, were not convinced that the U.S. should spend up to US$2 billion to produce one, with Gingrey stating "We can't let all of our spending and our reaction be media-driven in responding to a panic so that we don't get Katrina-ed. ... It's important because what we are talking about as we discuss the appropriateness of spending $2 billion to produce a vaccine that may never be used – that is a very important decision that our country has to make."
- The 10 Republican Representatives who voted against the House Bill were, Justin Amash (R-MI), Paul Broun (R-GA), Rick Crawford (R-AR), Randy Forbes (R-VA), Chris Gibson (R-NY), Phil Gingrey (R-GA), Joe Heck (R-NV), Walter Jones (R-NC), Tom Massie (R-KY), and David McKinley (R-WV) Some of these Representatives voted against the passage of the House Bill because they preferred the Republican Study Committee's budget instead.
- Senate candidates in 2014 included "an obstetrician in North Carolina, Milton R. Wolf, a radiologist in Kansas, a liver disease specialist in Louisiana, and Representatives Paul Broun and Phil Gingrey in Georgia, all of them Republicans. At least 26 more physicians were running for the House, some for re-election."
- Seven Republicans ran for their party's nomination: U.S. Representative Paul Broun, patent attorney Art Gardner, U.S. Representative Phil Gingrey, conservative political activist Derrick E. Grayson, former Secretary of State of Georgia Karen Handel, U.S. Representative Jack Kingston and Georgia Ports Authority board member David Perdue.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Paul Broun & Phil Gingrey