Why San Antonio and Texas are similar
Topics related to both
Sentences that refer to both
- Rio de Janeiro was awarded the Games over San Antonio, Texas, United States, on August 24, 2002, having won an absolute majority of votes (30–21) from the 51 members of the Pan American Sports Organization (PASO) in the first round of voting during the XL PASO General Assembly held in Mexico_City">Mexico City, Mexico.
- Places such as the cities of San Fernando, Pampanga and San Fernando, La Union; the Diocese of Ilagan and the San Fernando de Dilao Church in Paco, Manila in the Philippines; and in the United States, in California the City of San Fernando, the San Fernando Valley, and in Texas the Villa de San Fernando de Béxar, (now San Antonio, Texas) and the Cathedral of San Fernando in San Antonio were all named after him (namesakes) and placed under his patronage.
- On 5 February 2021, the NCAA announced that all games of the 2021 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Tournament would take place in the state of Texas, with most games in San Antonio.
- In 1961, Cantinflas appeared with Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson at shopping centers and supermarkets in San Antonio, Texas, to support the successful Democratic nominee to the United States House of Representatives for Texas' 20th congressional district, Henry B. Gonzalez, who defeated his Republican challenger, John W. Goode.
- On November 23, 1994, at the Survivor Series pay-per-view in San Antonio, Texas, Backlund faced Bret Hart in a special submission match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship where the only way for a wrestler to win was to have the opponent's valet, like Arnold Skaaland did for Backlund over a decade earlier, stop the match by throwing a towel into the ring.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: San Antonio & Texas