Why Star Trek: Enterprise and Star Trek: The Next Generation are similar
Topics related to both
The 33rd president of the United States, serving from 1945 to 1953, succeeding upon the death of Franklin D. Roosevelt after serving as the 34th vice president. He implemented the Marshall Plan to rebuild the economy of Western Europe, and established the Truman Doctrine and NATO to contain Communist expansion. Wikipedia
American politician who served as the 32nd president of the United States from 1933 until his death in 1945. A member of the Democratic Party, he won a record four presidential elections and became a central figure in world events during the first half of the 20th century. Wikipedia
Initiated by delegates from the thirteen American colonies in Congress against Great Britain over their objection to Parliament's taxation policies and lack of colonial representation. From their founding in the 1600s, the colonies were largely left to govern themselves. Wikipedia
Sentences that refer to both
- Lasting eleven years before being merged with The WB network to become The CW in 2006, UPN would feature many of the shows it originally produced for other networks, and would take numerous gambles on series such as Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise that would have otherwise either gone direct-to-cable or become first-run syndication to independent stations across the country (as Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: The Next Generation were).
- A television revival beginning in the 1980s saw three sequel series and a prequel: Star Trek: The Next Generation, following the crew of a new starship Enterprise a century after the original series; Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager, set in the same era as the Next Generation; and Enterprise, set before the original series in the early days of human interstellar travel.
- Among the most notable fantasy series in this genre include Touched by an Angel (centering on angels helping humans in times of personal crisis), Bewitched (a sitcom centering on a witch adjusting to married life with a mortal male), Fantasy Island (which was set at a resort where people live out their fantasies, but at a price), Drop Dead Diva (focusing on a deceased model inhabiting the body of a lawyer) and Once Upon a Time (centering on fairytale characters that are trapped in the present day after the enactment of a curse), while Star Trek (which spawned seven spin-off series, two in syndication – The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine – two on network television – Voyager and Enterprise – between 1987 and 2005, and two for streaming since 2017:Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard, Battlestar Galactica and the British series Doctor Who rank among the most watched programs in the sci-fi genre.
- A prominent staple in H&I's lineup since 2016 is the airing of five live action classic Star Trek series (the original series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise) Sunday-Friday from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Eastern.
- They have appeared in most subsequent Star Trek releases, including The Animated Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise and Picard.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Star Trek: Enterprise & Star Trek: The Next Generation