Why Super Bowl XLII and Super Bowl XXXIX are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- (These teams have since been joined by the New York Giants, who also surpassed them by winning a Super Bowl on each of the networks that carried the game; their win in Super Bowl XXI was carried by CBS, their win in Super Bowl XXV was carried by ABC, their win in Super Bowl XLII was carried by Fox, and their win in Super Bowl XLVI was carried by NBC, and later by the New England Patriots, who had two Super Bowl wins on Fox (XXXVI and XXXIX), one Super Bowl win on CBS (XXXVIII, and a Super Bowl win on NBC (XLIX).)
- Super Bowls XXXIX, XLII, and XLV used different active and former players (and a player's widow) reading the Declaration for each version.
- Both Coughlin and Belichick have gone on to win Super Bowls as head coaches: Belichick with the Patriots in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, and LIII; Coughlin with the Giants in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI, coincidentally both against Belichick's Patriots.
- They represented the AFC in the Super Bowl in 1996 (lost), 2001 (won), 2003 (won), 2004 (won), 2007 (lost), 2011 (lost), 2014 (won), 2016 (won), 2017 (lost) and 2018 (won).
- The station has aired five of the Patriots' Super Bowl appearances (XXXI, XXXVI, XXXIX, XLII and LI), including the team's championship victories (XXXVI, XXXIX, and LI).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Super Bowl XLII & Super Bowl XXXIX