Topics similar to or like city
Large human settlement. Wikipedia
Ferdinand II and Isabella united Spain, drove out the Moslems, and used Christopher Columbus and numerous conquistadors to build a large colonial empire in Latin America. International power in the 16th century, especially under the rule of kings Charles V and Philip II (1556–1598). Wikipedia
Large city or conurbation which is a significant economic, political, and cultural center for a country or region, and an important hub for regional or international connections, commerce, and communications. Ancient Greek and means the "mother city" of a colony (in the ancient sense), that is, the city which sent out settlers. Wikipedia
Since independence, with Jaja Wachuku as the first Minister for Foreign Affairs and Commonwealth Relations, later called External Affairs, Nigerian foreign policy has been characterised by a focus on Africa as a regional power and by attachment to several fundamental principles: African unity and independence; capability to exercise hegemonic influence in the region: peaceful settlement of disputes; non-alignment and non-intentional interference in the internal affairs of other nations; and regional economic cooperation and development. In carrying out these principles, Nigeria participates in the African Union, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), the Non-Aligned Movement, the Commonwealth of Nations, and the United Nations. Wikipedia
- Aside from the five counties of New York City, each of these counties is subdivided into towns and cities, incorporated under state law.
- New England also has cities, most of which are towns whose residents have voted to replace the town meeting form of government with a city form.
- Towns are generally larger than villages and smaller than cities, though the criteria to distinguish between them vary considerably in different parts of the world.
- A capital is typically a city that physically encompasses the government's offices and meeting places; the status as capital is often designated by its law or constitution.
- Bucharest (, ; București ) is the capital and largest city of Romania, as well as its cultural, industrial, and financial centre.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: city