Subdivision types similar to or like civil parish
Type of administrative parish used for local government. Wikipedia
Sentences forcivil parish
- Many existing boroughs that were too small to constitute a district, but too large to constitute a civil parish, were given charter trustees.
- The municipal borough contained several civil parishes or parts of parishes but these were merged into a single civil parish of Carlisle in 1904.
- In 1866, Leeds and each of the other townships in the borough became civil parishes.
- The United Kingdom has no exact equivalent, as communes resemble districts in urban areas, but are closer to parishes in rural areas where UK districts are much larger.
- Although called two-tier, the system was really three-tier, as it retained civil parish councils, although in Wales they were renamed community councils.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: civil parish