Topics similar to or like glacial period
Interval of time (thousands of years) within an ice age that is marked by colder temperatures and glacier advances. Wikipedia
Long period of reduction in the temperature of the Earth's surface and atmosphere, resulting in the presence or expansion of continental and polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Earth's climate alternates between ice ages and greenhouse periods, during which there are no glaciers on the planet. Wikipedia
Deglaciation describes the transition from full glacial conditions during ice ages, to warm interglacials, characterized by global warming and sea level rise due to change in continental ice volume. Ice sheet or frozen surface layer, and the resulting exposure of the Earth's surface. Wikipedia
Sentences forglacial period
- Here, as in the other great mountain ranges of central Europe, there is substantial evidence of a much wider expanse of glaciation during the glacial periods.
- Since the end of the last glacial period, Canada has consisted of eight distinct forest regions, with 42 percent of its land area covered by forests (approximately 8 percent of the world's forested land).
- For this period of time, Lake Titicaca was typically fresher and had higher lake levels during periods of expanded regional glaciation that corresponded to global glacial periods.
- Commencing 250,000–150,000 years ago, the Tetons went through several periods of glaciation with some areas of Jackson Hole covered by glaciers 2000 ft thick.
- Much of the higher country in the South Island was covered by ice during the glacial periods of the last two million years.
- During the last glacial period, the Sahara was much larger than it is today, extending south beyond its current boundaries.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: glacial period