Botanical products similar to or like opium
Dried latex obtained from the seed capsules of the opium poppy Papaver somniferum. Wikipedia
- Therefore, in 1773, the company created a British monopoly on opium buying in Bengal, India, by prohibiting the licensing of opium farmers and private cultivation.
- From its base in India, the Company had also been engaged in an increasingly profitable opium export trade to China since the 1730s.
- The Mao government is generally credited with eradicating both consumption and production of opium during the 1950s using unrestrained repression and social reform.
- In the latter half of the 19th century, the Port of Victoria became one of North America's largest importers of opium, serving the opium trade from Hong Kong and distribution into North America.
- Two of the claimants were opium manufacturers, and after further investigation, King found that white women were reportedly frequenting opium dens as well as Chinese men.
- Tajikistan holds third place in the world for heroin and raw opium confiscations (1216.3 kg of heroin and 267.8 kg of raw opium in the first half of 2006).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: opium