Topics similar to or like silt
Granular material of a size between sand and clay, whose mineral origin is quartz and feldspar. Wikipedia
- Coupled with persistent accumulations of Nile silt, maintenance and repair of Ptolemy's canal became increasingly cumbersome over each passing century.
- The region has rich soil, partly made up of silt which had been regularly deposited by the flood waters of the Mississippi River.
- A byproduct of these extraction methods was that large amounts of gravel, silt, heavy metals, and other pollutants went into streams and rivers.
- Excessive amount of sediments are formed due to the silt it picks up from the Loess Plateau, raising the riverbed and causing frequent floods which shaped the habitat of the region.
- The River Farset is also named after this silt deposit (from the Irish feirste meaning "sand spit").
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: silt