Topics similar to or like sitcom
Genre of comedy centered on a fixed set of characters who (mostly) carry over from episode to episode. Wikipedia
American sitcom television series that aired first-run on the ABC network from January 15, 1974, to September 24, 1984, with a total of 255 half-hour episodes spanning 11 seasons. One of the most successful of the 1970s, a sweet vision of life in the mid-1950s to mid-1960s Midwestern United States, and starred Ron Howard as young Richie Cunningham, Henry Winkler as his friend Fonzie, and Tom Bosley and Marion Ross as Richie's parents, Howard and Marion Cunningham. Wikipedia
- In this manner, sitcoms are preferred and more successful because they are less serialized, and can be run non-sequentially, which is more beneficial and less costly for the station.
- More often, hour-long dramas in their first several runs in syndication are offered weekly; sitcoms are more likely to get stripped.
- There are still a significant number of programs (usually sitcoms) that are built by just one or two writers and a small, close-knit production team.
- Australian situation comedy series' seasons are approximately 13 episodes long and premiere any time between February and November.
- Telemundo's schedule does not incorporate situation comedies, although some comedy series have aired on the network in the past, particularly during the 1990s and early 2000s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: sitcom