Topics similar to or like suburb
Mixed-use or residential area, existing either as part of a city or urban area or as a separate residential community within commuting distance of a city. Wikipedia
Urban area as a continuously built up land mass of urban development that is within a labor market (i.e. metropolitan area or metropolitan region), without regard for administrative boundaries (i.e. municipality, city or commune). Except in Australia, the authorities use a minimum urban density definition of 400 persons per square kilometer (or the nearly identical 1,000 per square mile in the United States). Wikipedia
Region consisting of a densely populated urban core and its less-populated surrounding territories under the same administrative division, sharing industry, infrastructure and housing. A metro area usually comprises multiple jurisdictions and municipalities: neighborhoods, townships, boroughs, cities, towns, exurbs, suburbs, counties, districts, states, and even nations like the eurodistricts. Wikipedia
- Rapid suburbanization occurred during the years immediately after World War II, as new housing was being built outside city limits.
- In some places, particularly in suburban areas, the maintenance of a grass lawn is a sign of a homeowner's responsibility to the overall appearance of their neighborhood.
- Music on Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk) is strongly influenced by the proximity to New York City and by the youth culture of the suburbs.
- West Broadway Avenue was a cultural epicenter during the early 20th century but by the 1950s, flight to the suburbs began, and streetcars closed down.
- A debased form in commercial housing developments, especially in the suburbs, is known in the UK as mock-Georgian.
- The 1982 event, also known as Cold Sunday, featured temperatures as low as −40 °F in some of the suburbs as little as 10 mi to the north of Milwaukee.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: suburb