Topics similar to or like superpower
State with a dominant position characterized by its extensive ability to exert influence or project power on a global scale. Wikipedia
Sovereign state that is recognized as having the ability and expertise to exert its influence on a global scale. Great powers characteristically possess military and economic strength, as well as diplomatic and soft power influence, which may cause middle or small powers to consider the great powers' opinions before taking actions of their own. Wikipedia
Nation or state that, through its great economic, political and military strength, is able to exert power and influence not only over its own region of the world, but beyond to others. In a modern context, recognized great powers first arose in Europe during the post-Napoleonic era. Wikipedia
Government agency responsible for the conduct of foreign relations of India. With the world's third largest military expenditure, fourth largest armed force, fifth largest economy by GDP nominal rates and third largest economy in terms of purchasing power parity, India is a prominent regional power, a nuclear power, an emerging global power and a potential superpower. India assumes a growing international influence and a prominent voice in global affairs. Wikipedia
- In contemporary times, the president is also looked upon as one of the world's most powerful political figures as the leader of the only remaining global superpower.
- The British armed forces played a key role in establishing the British Empire as the dominant world power in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.
- The Soviet Union and the United States emerged as rival superpowers, setting the stage for the nearly half-century-long Cold War.
- The two new superpowers, the United States and the Soviet Union, became locked in a fifty-year-long Cold War, centred on nuclear proliferation.
- The Soviet Union's collapse in 1991 ended the Cold War, leaving the United States as the world's sole superpower.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: superpower